Navigate this page
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is GUSEC?
Gujarat University Startup and Entrepreneurship Council (GUSEC) is a startup support system offering incubation, acceleration, preincubation, business support, IPR, and other support to aspiring and budding innovators, entrepreneurs, and startups.
How do I get support?
You can get support via a variety of ways. The best way to get support is by making an application to get Incubated at GUSEC, which you can make here.
What kind of support do I get?
Here is list of benefits available for startups being supported at GUSEC.
How do I know if my application is selected?
You will receive a communication via email within 45 working days of submitting your application if it is selected. Alternatively, you can also track your application here.
How much do I pay for support at GUSEC?
There is no cost attached to any support that you leverage at GUSEC. A periodic Community Development Contribution (CDC) is applicable to startups incubated at GUSEC for more than 3 months, as follows:
- ₹1,500 per month for 2 allotted seats and ₹250 for every additional allotted seat, if you are allotted fixed co-working space
- ₹2,500 per quarter for startups who are not allotted fixed co-working space
- Upon request, CDC is waived off based on a number of factors as prescribed in the CDC rules
What kind of startups does GUSEC support?
GUSEC supports all kinds of startups, as long as they are innovative businesses.
Can I get funding support at GUSEC?
The following are the various funding support and avenues available at GUSEC for startups:
- Up to INR 2 lakhs for proof of concept support under SSIP, for students and recent alumni of up to 5 years of Gujarat (Learn More)
- Up to INR 7 lakhs for idea validation and MVP creation under TIDE Scheme for electronics and IT startups (Learn More)
- Up to INR 21.2 lakhs as seed fund prototype development and marketing support under Gujarat Industrial Policy 2015 a.k.a Startup Gujarat scheme for product-based startups (Learn More)
What type of programs does GUSEC organise?
GUSEC organsises a number of programs, which can be seen here. Many of our virtual events, workshops, mentor sessions, etc. are available to consume for free on our YouTube channel.
How can I contact GUSEC?
Please reach out to us via options available here.
Do you have any openings at GUSEC?
You can check out any openings at GUSEC via our Careers page.
Can I donate or contribute to GUSEC?
Yes, you can, via our payment partner Razorpay, through this dedicated Donation page.
- GUSEC on: Google Maps | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | YouTube
- Gujarat University
- GU PIER Foundation (Gujarat University Research Park)
- AIC GUSEC, Atal Incubation Centre of Gujarat University
- Gujarat University Library
- National Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB)
- Startup India
- Student Startup and Innovation Policy (SSIP), Govt of Gujarat
- Atal Innovation Mission
- Startup Gujarat, for funding support
- MeitY Startup Hub
- Apply for Startup Support
- Track Your Application
- Co-Working Space Information
- GUSEC COVID-19 Response
- GUSEC Blog
- #startupstories on GUSEC Blog
- Annual Snapshot 2016-17
- Annual Snapshot 2018 (GU Startup & Innovation Policy)
- Annual Snapshot 2019
- Proactive Disclosure under RTI
- Efforts of GUSEC during COVID-19 (March 2020 to June 2020)