Vikram Sarabhai Children Innovation Centre (VSCIC)”, an initiative by GUSEC with UNICEF, offers to identify, nurture and promote innovations by children. The VSCIC is a platform that encourages children to develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills and was formed after the consolidated success of the Children Innovation Festival (CIF), with the following impact:
- In two editions of the CIF, we saw an overwhelming participation of 3114 children across 29 states of the country
- These school children, aged between 13-18, brought 2088 innovative ideas to the Festival, 80 of which were shortlisted for pre-incubation support
- The enthusiasm to innovate was best reflected by the fact that our youngest participant was just 7 years old!
- Not just that, the CIF identified innovation ambassadors from schools across the country, who were all recognized by UNICEF on World Children’s Day, 2020.
- More than 2.5L students trained across Gujarat on innovation and entrepreneurship
In lieu of the same, we are organizing exposure and field visits in which our team will visit the school and give them a brief exposure to problem identification and ideation. Also how VSCIC will help them in supporting their ideas and converting them into prototypes.
The objective of the program is to give a brief exposure to problem identification and ideation. Also how VSCIC will help them in supporting their ideas and converting them into prototypes.
In the session, the team first introduced the Design thinking process in terms of problem identification and ideation, while how the student can come up with the prototype idea. Later, the team briefs them about how VSCIC as an organization support students’ ideas in terms of giving proper mentoring and helping them to convert their prototyping ideas into real prototypes and market product later.
The outcome of this event is to spread knowledge about innovation thereby covering the concepts of problem-solving and ideation.